Friday, May 10, 2013

So Busy Lately

I wrote this about a week ago and forgot to click publish...
I have been SO busy lately, I can't even think right anymore! What with the school semester winding down, building the fence, (which still needs gates) building the chicken coop, (which still needs a couple doors) and we haven't even gotten to building my garden boxes which I am starting the feel a desperate need for...
I feel like everything is just sitting here 1/2 done, or not quite started. I can't even find time to crochet, which is one way I relax! The house is a mess, the chickens are staring to get crowded and NEED their coop...I'm about to move them into the dog cage and I'm sure that the dogs wouldn't appreciate that one bit...but at least the chickens would have more room to move.
The sad thing is, for as busy as I've been, I'm still feeling like I'm lazy, probably because nothing is getting done.
Here's hoping we can get the doors mounted on the coop and the chickens moved out today & then I can clean the dining room and actually be able to use it again! Maybe then I'll feel like I've DONE something!
I realized that its been a while since I gave you an update...WELL, since I wrote the above on my "down day" last week, I did move the chicks into the dog cage for a couple days and then we DID get the chicken coop completed and the chicks moved in. They seem to like it out there too. More room to move.

 We also got 2 of the 3 gates made and hung on the fence. I was surprised to find that Walmart had the fence hardware that we had been looking for since the project started, at a reasonable price. We had seen the gate hardware other places, but not at a price we were willing to pay. So THAT project end seems in sight.

My raised bed garden boxes are also assembled now. I have them in the place where I want them, I just need to get the dirt into them. I have tiny vegetable plants all over my picnic table waiting to me moved into their permanent home. So I am feeling a little antsy about getting the garden working now too.


I also went out yesterday and Weds and helped my hubby work at his parents house, laying hardwood floor. Now, this is not a "green thumb" type project, but I did learn a lot. I can now select, and randomize hardwood planks for floors, set them in place AND use the pneumatic stapler to secure them. I also used the 10" compound sliding miter saw. I am not proficient at it, and it takes a little more muscle than I thought it would, but I can make a straight cut with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment