Monday, April 29, 2013

Peach Tree

I was at the local Tractor Supply store last week, buying chicken feed, when on the way out of the store I stopped to look at their selection of trees. A peach tree caught my fancy and I just HAD to have it! It was a good size tree, already blooming, and only $20!  But my lot is only .47 acre INSIDE the city limits, and I had to think a bit on it...I currently have 14 trees on my property already! (and a bucket of rooted cuttings to add to my hybrid willow fence line)

I went home, discussed it with the Mr. who shook his head and just said "Another tree..." in a slightly exasperated way. Then a few days later, I saw my mom, who handed me a $20 bill and told me she looked at the receipt for my birthday present, realized it cost a lot less than she thought, and the $20 was the rest of my birthday present. Well,  I took that as a sign. I again discussed it with the Mr. and decided to go buy my tree.

Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to get it once the decision was made, that I went to buy the tree in my car, the truck having left town with the Mr. & little Mr. the day before on a cub scout camping trip...Luckily, I have a sun roof, so getting the tree home was not much of an issue, although I did get some interesting looks in the parking lot as I loaded it into the car.

 My daughter and I made it safely home with the tree, unloaded it, and planted it over my my 2 apple trees, in a kind of triangle so my mini orchard now has a good start.
It's kind of hard to see, but the peach tree is in the center here & my apple trees in the back.
And, as you can see, the fence project is done too! (minus gates) 




No comments:

Post a Comment