Thursday, March 28, 2013

Seeds Seeds and More Seeds

I have been itching to get out in the garden, so after I got my homework done, I went out, weeding one of my raised beds and planted my 19 strawberry plants that I bought.(it was supposed to be 20, so either I planted 2 in one hole, or they shorted me 1...Oh well)
I've never bought strawberries like this before, they were bare root plants. In the past I've purchased live plants. I sincerely hope they grow. The package says "guaranteed to grow." Well, time will only tell. I'm sure you have purchased things in the past that say they are guaranteed to do something they don't.I will let you know if they work out or not.
I also spent some time on Facebook today...BIG shock I know! lol Most of my readers are from my Facebook friends list so far! :)
One of the facebook pages that I have liked is called Grow Food, Not Lawns and on this super interesting page was a post from Seeds Now advertising their Spring/Summer Seed Bank. The Spring and Summer Seed Bank is basically a box set of 20 kinds of seeds that they sell. But as I navigated around their site I thought their seed prices were VERY reasonable. Especially considering they are organic seeds.
 SO, I bought seeds for "Rattlesnake" beans (approx. 75 seeds) , "Easter egg" radishes (120 seeds) , beets (45 seeds), basil (120 seeds) , dill (100 seeds), romaine lettuce (135seeds), celery (200 seeds), cabbage (50seeds), swiss chard (100 seeds), spinach (350 seeds), and alfalfa sprouts (8000 seeds)...(I intend to start growing my own sprouts too)

That is approximately 9295 seeds ALL for under $20 (INCLUDING the S&H) Now that's what I call a DEAL!

Now I need to get the material to build more raised beds to grow all this stuff in! And I will share the adventrue of building these things with you! I will also have to learn how to grow some of these things, as I have never tried before, so I hope you will join me in my adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment