Monday, April 15, 2013

Impatience

Today I am feeling very discouraged in my gardening projects. This spring I am so excited, I can't seem to muster the patience required for my garden. I want it to be SO much further along than it is! My winter sown pots are starting to sprout nicely, even tomato plants that I DIDN'T plant are starting to grow. But I want more results!

I find myself spending a LOT of time online looking at different gardening sites for reference  and inspiration, and it just makes my impatience grow. I want that heat of summer when my garden is going full blast. where the fruits of my labor are becoming visible! But that will not happen...I will have to suck it up and be patient. I have plenty of projects going on right now, including the chicken coop, the new fence, and actually building those flower beds so I CAN grow my garden.

In addition to all my outdoor projects, I am also a student at the local college and taking classes online, the month of April alone, I have 6 family Birthdays to celebrate, 3 of which are in my immediate household. At times I feel like I am drowning in projects, but others, I feel like I sit around on my bum all day...I don't know how I do all these things sometimes! Maybe I have ADD & just need to have something to do!

I should go out and weed my front garden. The weeds are already threatening my herbs and strawberry plants, but the Canadian thistle in this garden is the bane of my existence  I have taken to calling it they hydra weed...If you don't get the root pulled out, and it breaks under the dirt, it seems that 2 come back in its place! It is very frustrating! I am tempted to bulldoze the yard at times, and make the attempt to start fresh out there!

2 comments:

  1. But think of all the fun you'd miss lighting those things on fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is kind of fun! Burning those little fluffy seed balls before they can spread...But even if I weed the front garden now-they will pop back up! I think it would take me a week to weed the front garden with all the time I have lately! :)

      Delete